Last updated Thursday 5th November
Ministry of Upholstery’s latest statement on coronavirus (COVID-19)
It’s important to reassure you that this information is current and correct as of the date at the top and as and when things develop or change, we will update this statement to suit.
According to Government recommendations our School is not required to close. However, the UK is currently experiencing a national shortage of the chemical required to make blocks of foam, used in upholstery. In order to protect the business and the student experience, we have made a very difficult decision to close the school until 23rd November so that we can attempt to acquire more stock. This is an unknown situation and one that is developing and changing daily. We will update this statement if and when anything changes.
At this time you can make new bookings for the new year.
Our online shop remains open at this time, though please be mindful that there may be delivery delays or stock issues.
Our online course is fully stocked and available to buy.
The Grand Make is available to buy for dates before & after Christmas.
Changes to the workshop
Due to government guidance on social distancing and safety in the workplace, our workshop will look and function a little differently from the way it used to and, after carrying out a full risk assessment, we can share some of the measures we have implemented to allay any concerns or reservations you may have about coming to us.
- A new large break/ dining area, which will allow for 2 metre distancing
- Compulsory face coverings for all students and staff at all times in the main workshop and when travelling around the building
- Compulsory temperature checking upon entry
- All doors are removed or propped open and handles cleaned every day
- Dedicated toolbox, materials, scissors, staple gun and sewing machine per person, where possible
- Hand sanitisation stations, which we will ask you to use upon entry and regularly throughout the day
How you can help:
- You should not bring anyone else with you to the workshop
- You will not be permitted to wear gloves, though you are welcome to bring your own hand sanitiser to use throughout the day. We will also have some you can use.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must always be observed between other students and staff, where possible
- Unless exempt, you will be required to wear a face covering
- Payments should be made via bank transfer or through invoices, payments will not be accepted at the school
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following attendance, you should immediately notify us by phone
- We ask that you do not enter the workshop before 8.55am and if needed, please wait in your car or in the car park
- Please do not attend without a booking or appointment