Last updated Friday 18th September
Ministry of Upholstery’s latest statement on coronavirus (COVID-19).
It’s important to reassure you that this information is current and correct as of the date at the top and as and when things develop or change, we will update this statement to suit.
We’re closely following Government guidance at all times and have conducted a thorough risk assessment to inform our re-opening plans. The safety of our staff and students remains our priority at all times.
Due to government guidance on social distancing and safety in the workplace, our workshop will look and function a little differently from the way it used to and, after carrying out a full risk assessment, we would like to now share some of the measures we have implemented to allay any concerns or reservations you may have about coming to us.
- A new large break/ dining area, which will allow for 2 metre distancing
- Compulsory face coverings for all students and staff at all times in the main workshop and when travelling around the building
- Compulsory temperature checking upon entry
- All doors are removed or propped open and handles cleaned every day
- Dedicated toolbox, materials, scissors, staple gun and sewing machine per person, where possible
- Hand sanitisation stations, which we will ask you to use upon entry and regularly throughout the day
The Office is currently not open to students, so all communication must be via phone or preferably via email to this email address: email@example.com
Unfortunately, some of the niceties, upon which we pride ourselves, have had to disappear for now but we want you to know that this is only through necessity, not through choice. This means we will not be able to make your break time brews for you and you will asked to make your own. We can no longer provide biscuits either but have no fear they will return when we are able!
How you can help:
- You should not bring anyone else with you to the workshop
- You will not be permitted to wear gloves, though you are welcome to bring your own hand sanitiser to use throughout the day. We will also have some you can use.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must always be observed between other students and staff, where possible
- Unless exempt, you will be required to wear a face covering
- Payments should be made via bank transfer or through invoices, payments will not be accepted at the school
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following attendance, you should immediately notify us by phone
- We ask that you do not enter the workshop before 8.55am and if needed, please wait in your car or in the car park
- Please do not attend without a booking or appointment