Last updated Monday 22nd June
Ministry of Upholstery’s latest statement on reopening and coronavirus (COVID-19).
It’s important to reassure you that this information is current and correct as of the date at the top and as and when things develop or change, we will update this statement to suit.
For several weeks now we have been working and re-working on plans to re-open our doors to the MoU. We honestly can’t tell you how much we’ve missed the community and how much we are looking forward to welcoming students back. We’re closely following Government guidance at all times and have conducted a thorough risk assessment to inform our re-opening plans. The safety of our staff and students remains our priority at all times.
Our online shop is now open and full re-stocked. We will still be working with a skeleton staff as we implement a safe and phased return to work. We have implemented a trade counter at the workshop for safe collection and we will be dispatching orders most days. Frame, foam and kit orders should be placed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The phones are not being manned at this time.
Our online course is fully stocked and available to buy. Please order via our website. The phones are not being manned at this time.
6th July is our planned open date. Due to government guidance on social distancing and safety in the workplace, our workshop will look and function a little differently from the way it used to and, after carrying out a full risk assessment, we would like to now share some of the measures we are implementing to allay any concerns or reservations you may have about coming to us.
- A brand new large break/ dining area, which will allow for 2 metre distancing even if this is reduced to 1 metre
- A temporary reduction in student numbers so that we can ensure 2 metre distancing between work benches
- Compulsory temperature checking upon entry
- All doors will be propped open and handles cleaned every day
- Dedicated toolbox, materials, scissors, staple gun and sewing machine per person, where possible
- Hand sanitisation stations, which we will ask you to use upon entry and regularly throughout the day
- Teachers will teach from the side or behind and maintain as much distance as is practicably possible
Our return to work will be gradual, and so there will be reduced staffing to begin with. This means it may take a little longer to reply to an email or a message than usual and we ask for your patience at this time. The Office will not be open to students in the short term so all communication must be via phone or preferably via email to this email address: email@example.com
Unfortunately some of the niceties, upon which we prided ourselves, are having to disappear for now but we want you to know that this is only through necessity, not through choice. This means we will not be able to make your break time brews for you and you will asked to make your own. We can no longer provide biscuits either but have no fear they will return!
How you can help:
- You should not bring anyone else with you to the workshop
- You will not be permitted to wear gloves, though you are welcome to bring your own hand sanitiser to use throughout the day. We will also have some you can use.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed at all times between other students and staff, where possible
- We will not be wearing or providing masks, though you are welcome to bring and wear your own
- Payments should be made via bank transfer or through invoices, payments will not be accepted at the school
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following attendance, you should immediately notify us by phone
- We ask that you do not enter the workshop before 8.55am and if needed, please wait in your car or in the car park
- Please do not attend without a booking or appointment